The OnePlan team is pleased to announce the latest release of OnePlan. Check out what's new and enhanced in this release!
Enterprise Permissions - Teams
- The teams creation/edit window has been updated to make team management more intuitive.
- You can add custom resource fields to Teams. For example, you could define a teams manager, location, cost, etc.
- You can now plan resources using teams. You can specify which resources are part of each team, and choose what percent they will be allocated to that team.
- When resource planning, you can add an entire team instead of just individual resources. You can then view a team's availability, as well as individual resource availability.
- You can now assign work items to a team. If you assign a work item to a team, all users in the team will be added to the shared with for your plan.
- If a team is assigned to a work item, cost and rate calculations will use the cost and rate set on the team (in the resource center). Individual resource costs and rates will not be used when assigning teams to work items. This includes the plan level rate tables that can be created for a plan.
- You can now choose if you want to force work items to be required to start after the project start date. The new setting is named Project Border and is available in the work item advanced edit screen.
- If a work-level choice field is not required, you can now change from a value to no value in the work plan list view. Previously you could only do this in the quick edit page.
- If a work item is assigned to a team you are part of, the work item will be visible in your my work (as long as it is within the time period selected.
- If you add the out-of-the-box notes field as a status field, it will now be editable by team members in My Work. Previously, this field was not available to be editable.
- If a work item is assigned to a team you are part of (and the plan is set to only allow adding time to assigned work items) you will be able to add time to the work item. This makes controlling who can add time to a work item much easier.
- When copying work items from one period to another, work items that are no longer assigned to you (and the plan is set to only allow adding time to assigned work items) will not be copied.
- When loading large amounts of plans with many columns and lanes, the portfolio kanban will now load about 50% faster. The percentage improvement will vary depending on how many plans columns and lanes are loaded.
- Many user experience improvements have been made to make the Kanban easier to use.
- The kanban board is now available to be used within the modeler. The first time you load the kanban, the plans will be ordered based on the priority set in the list view. Only plans marked as "in" will be shown in the kanban.
- When using the kanban in the modeler, all of the changes made are "what if" changes that do not affect plan data. This could be used to organize plans into different lanes and columns (for example program increments, releases, quarters, etc.). When you do this, you can add constraints to each column to model how you could organize your plans while staying within your selected constraint (for example points, hours, or budget)
- You can save Kanban board scenarios. The column and lane selected, as well as the order of the plan cards are saved in the scenario.
- You can now bulk edit plan fields. First, highlight all of the plans you want to update, then click the contextual menu (hamburger icon next to the plan name) and select the bulk update option. You can then select one or more fields you want to update.
- If a plan-level choice or user field is not required, you can now change from a value to no value in the portfolio list view. Previously you could only do this in the plan quick edit and plan details page.
- When hovering over a multi-select plan lookup field, a tooltip shows with all of the plan names selected. This tooltip has been formatted to show each plan on its own line. This makes it much easier to read when many plans are selected.
- If a user is initially added without an email address, and an email address is later created, the email address will update in OnePlan when that user signs in.
- You can now save views with grouping. Previously the grouping was not saved in the view.
- Plan notifications can now be sent to teams. Previously notifications could only be sent to individual resources.
- Work plan notifications can now be sent to teams. Previously notifications could only be sent to individual resources.
- Work Plan notifications can be filtered based on the milestone field. This is helpful if you only want to trigger a notification on milestones in your work plan.
- When publishing from Microsoft Project Pro Desktop to OnePlan, you can now publish numbers and currency in European number formats (for example Dutch: 1.234,56) to OnePlan. The numbers will be translated correctly to the number format selected in OnePlan.
- The admin configuration pages have been updated to use tabs instead of accordion sections for grouping related settings. This makes it easier to find and update configuration settings.
- When backing up groups with many thousands of tasks, tasks will be processed in smaller batches to improve the stability of the backup process.