Welcome!! This article explains the flow of this Trial Guide and gets your started with how to access your OnePlan trial site and the main navigation icons and menus in OnePlan.
The flow of this Trial Guide will be to instruct you through using the main features of OnePlan. Your trial site has been set up using our "Adaptive Portfolio Management" solution configuration, but keep in mind that the system is configurable. Meaning, apps can be turned on/off, fields, resource settings & financial cost structures, etc. can be modified to fit your specific business use case.
You will create a plan and flow through the various stages of the plan. You will begin with a new plan by entering the key details about that plan. Then, do high level top down planning for resource allocation and financial budgeting. Then, you will do portfolio analysis to determine which plans to select & when to do them.
Once you have the plans selected, you will move into execution on your plan. You will build a task plan, or connect to an existing MS Project Desktop schedule. You can build your assignments in a traditional Grid, in the resource-focused Scheduler, and visually track in the Board.
You will update your work assignments in My Work, assuming the role of a team member on the plan.
You will then assume the role of a resource manager to review and update resource usage, both at the plan level (Resource Plan), and at the task level (Resource Scheduler).
Finally, you will navigate to the Dashboard pages to do analysis in the OnePlan Reports, both across the portfolio of many/all plans, and also specifically focused on one plan at a time.
Go to the OnePlan site online: https://my.oneplan.ai. In some cases, an alternative URL may have been provided.
Typically, your access to OnePlan would be tied to your Office365 account. For this trial, please log in with the username and password provided by the OnePlan team.
It is recommended to use the latest versions of Chrome, FireFox or Edge. Open your browser in a new incognito or private window since you will be using a different Office365 account and password.
The main navigation icons are along the left side of the screen. These are in order of the navigation bar.
- Home - This is where you will see a quick glance into Insights, Recent Conversations, Plans, and Work Due Soon.
- My Work - This is where team members see what work items they have assigned and make updates to status, etc.
- Timesheets - This is where team members track time on work.
- Ideas - This is where I can enter projects for review and approvals.
- My Strategy - This is where I enter and track my objectives.
- Portfolios - This is a view of all Portfolios. Within the Portfolios page, analysis and prioritization may be done.
- Resource Plan - This is where resource managers see the allocation of their resources to all plans. The resource managers can analyze and adjust their team's commitments as needed.
- Scheduler - This is where resource managers see the work assignments of their resources to all plans. The resource managers can analyze and adjust their team's work as needed.
- Status Reports- This will show all status reports that have been generated on a weekly or monthly schedule. This will keep the history of your status reports so you can see the historical data.
- Resource Center - This is the page that shows all the named & generic resources in your OnePlan group.
Click an icon to open that page.
- Office365 Menu - Click this to open other Office365 apps. Since you log into OnePlan with your Office365 account, you will be navigated to your home page for Office365.
- OnePlan Home
- Groups - This is typically the name of your organization. If you have access to multiple groups within your tenant, you may use this menu to go to a different group
- Settings Gear - Those who have 'Owner' level permissions can access the admin back end settings.
- Help Button (?) - This drop down menu includes a link to the OnePlan documentation/guides site, the getting started welcome video, and a channel to provide feedback back to the OnePlan team.
- User Menu - Click your username/picture to sign out, if needed