The Plan Scheduler is very similar to the Resource Scheduler. The main difference is that the Plan Scheduler shows the resource bookings/engagements for a single project/plan, whereas the Resource Scheduler shows all resource bookings. Note: you can still see all resource bookings from the Plan Scheduler using the Show All Work feature.
Project Contextual Menu
Select the project contextual menu.
- Shared With
- Edit Plan Info
- Insert Template
- Save Template
- Synch to PjO (Project Online)
Planning Method Changing
Select the planning method. Choices are Scheduler, Board, and Grid.
Click the blue Add Booking icon.
Complete the Add Booking form.
- Click the blue Requests icon.
- Complete the Request Update form. Click Send Update Request button when ready.
- Tasks: Select either 'Selected Tasks' or 'Tasks Assigned to Me'
- Select Fields: Use the drop down menu to choose which fields you want updated by the recipient(s)
- Schedule: Select either Send Now, Daily, or Monthly
- Enter a Message: This message will be in the email body requesting updates
Select Day, Week, Month, or Year to zoom in or out of your resource allocations.
Select a field to group by, if preferred.
Choose the From & To dates to view in the Scheduler. If the date range is wide (and depending on the selected zoom level), a left-right scroll bar will be at the bottom of the scheduler.
Today's date is marked with a marker & dotted line. Work in the past is shaded in blue.
Show All Work
Click the Show All Work to show all work assignments for your plan's resources. This shows work from all other plans so you can see how your plan's resources are allocated across other projects. You cannot edit other plans' tasks. If you are the project manager of another plan, open that plan, and then make your updates.
When Show All Work is selected, expand the resources to see all their work for this plan and other plans. The tasks for other plans will also show the plan name in the task bar.
The totals for the plan show:
- Total Hours: Total sum of hours from the effort/work field.
- Plan Budget: This is a plan-level field Budget.
- Cost: Calculation. Sum for all tasks: Resource Cost field * Effort field for the tasks.
- Rem. Budget: Calculation. Plan Budget field - Cost field.