This article explains how to view and update bookings for resources, either created by the Project Managers or yourself.
Hover over a booking to view the main details
Double click a booking to open the booking
Drag Booking Dates
Drag the front or end of a booking to update the dates. Or drag and drop the booking to move it earlier or later in time.
A small green checkmark will show as long as the dates are available for moving.
Booking Contextual Menu
Right-click the desired booking. The menu shows
Select Edit to view the booking information and update any fields on the Task Information window as needed.
The General Tab is divided into several topics:
- Task Information: View and edit general task information such as task name, status, and priority.
- Task Description: View and edit the task description.
- Task Schedule: View and edit the task schedule information such as start and due dates.
- Task Effort: View and edit task effort information including effort estimates, timesheet hours, and remaining effort.
- Task Financials: View and edit task financial information like estimated budget, estimated and actual costs, and profits.
The fields within each topic will vary based on your organization's configuration.
View and manage the assigned resource(s).
- Change the resource assigned and update % units. Click next to the resource name or the % units to activate the drop down menus.
- Add a new resource to the task. Click Add New, and select the new resource.
- Remove a resource by selecting the resource, and clicking Remove.
View and manage task dependencies.
- Change the dependent tasks, task type, and lag. Click next to the task, type, or lag to activate the drop down menus.
- Add a new dependency to the task. Click the Add New icon, and select the new dependency.
- Remove a dependency by selecting the dependency, and clicking the Remove Dependency icon.
Add and edit notes on the task as needed.
View and Add Comments
Any comments already added will show. Add a new comment and hit the Enter key to save. Comments show with you made the comment and a date/time stamp.
- Move your mouse to where you want to split the booking.
- Right-click the booking.
- Select Split.
- Adjust the bookings as desired.
You may want to split the booking for a number of reasons:
- If a task needs to be put on hold, and then restarted and continued at a later point in time.
- You may want to edit a portion of the task (i.e. assigned resource, % allocation, etc.). For example, you may want the resource 50% allocated on the task for this week, but then 100% allocated for the next week.
When a booking is split, two sub-assignments are created in the plan. In the plan, double click the original booking. It will expand and show the two sub-assignments.
Select Delete and confirm deletion of task, as needed.