Right-click a task to see the contextual menu.
- Quick Edit: Click to open the Quick Edit window. See View and edit work items from the Work Plan Grid for more detail.
- Advanced Edit: Click to open the Advanced Edit window. See View and edit work items from the Work Plan Grid for more detail.
- Cut: Click to copy and remove the current work item.
- Paste: Click to paste a work item currently loaded in your clipboard.
- Copy: Click to copy the current work item.
- Split Task: Click to split the current work item into two sub-items.
- Add: Select an action from the Add drop down. Options include: Task Above, Task Below, Milestone, Subtask, Successor, Predecessor.
- Covert to milestone: Click to convert the current work item into a milestone.
- Indent: Click to indent the current item. The indented item will become a child of the item above it.
- Outdent: Click to outdent the current item.
- Delete: Click to delete the current item.
Click a field to edit the value.
Click in the Assigned Resources column. The Resource selection menu will open. Select a resource from your team. You may also type in a new name of a resource. After you do so, the project plan will be shared with them. You may want to review and adjust their permissions after adding a new resource to your plan.
Work item icons
- Notes: Click the Notes icon to open the Notes form.
- Comments: Click the Comments icon to open the Comments form.
- Activities: Click the Activities icon to open the Activities board.
Enter notes into the Notes form.
Enter comments into the Comments form.